Friday 8 March 2019

“Dreams of a Cloudless Sky” By Devanshi Pandey

I am the night sky. The night sky is me. It took me fifteen years to realize why the night sky had always intrigued me; why, as a child, I'd always crawled away from my cradle to get a glimpse of the sheer darkness of the sky; why, even at 15, in this forlorn world, the glimmering stars are my companions. Their stardust's built of stories I have told them over years. It coaxes me, it's heat kindling fire in my torso, letting me feel the summer heat, walking through lanes of snow and mist. It has lived in me, in my veins, in my head, in my heart. I've learnt to embrace the beauty in it's pain, while just being wind, carrying florets with me and caressing it's calloused hands. It embraces me too as I lay under it, every time, batting my eyelashes and going back to dreams of a utopia, of a well orchestrated life. The night sky holds my dreams and problems, listens to them and softly drawls "One day, you'd be there." For I, am a dreamer, and it holds my fantasy. Rip the sky into shreds and you'll see the real me.
I am the night sky, the night sky is me. I hold the darkness but I hold stars, too, in me.






Shop: Amazon, Flipkart, Shopclues, BlueRose
You can reach out the author at http://devanshipandey.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment