Sunday 3 March 2019

“The Caged Souls” By Imtiyaz Ahmad Shah

‘The Caged Souls’ revolves around a few characters who became the victims of an unholy war in the past. Kashmir is the place where we witness bloodshed, brutality and torture every second day. Life is very tough in Kashmir and it is very hard to survive there. The book tells us the story of many people who were traumatized, victimized and almost beaten up to death. Their pain and sufferings led me to write this book. I, too, witnessed many illicit events in Kashmir when I was a child, at a time when I was not fully aware, but as time had passed, I came to know about many things, and I was finally able to express my thoughts and musings through my writing. Kashmir is a fully militarized zone, and we are forced to show identity cards by some migrated birds in our own beloved state. We don’t enjoy the freedom of speech and freedom of expression; our voices have been strangled and we are no longer the residents of Kashmir. The main reason behind writing this book is to highlight the key, unaddressed issues of Kashmir. The book is my dream project and it is very close to my heart. There are some themes of love and separation towards the end.

This is the story of everyone living in Kashmir—a novel about the journey, atrocities, pain, and oppression that has prevailed in Kashmir since decades. It depicts how Kashmiris have suffered and been tortured ruthlessly by some dominant forces. The novel also deals with themes of love and separation towards the end.

Shop: Amazon, Flipkart, Shopclues, BlueRose

No comments:

Post a Comment