Monday 29 April 2019

“A DIVINE VISIT AND THE HUMAN TOUCH” By Dr. D. GNANASEKARAN

Dear readers, the fifteen stories in my second collection, A Divine Visit And The Human Touch, run through a gamut of emotions that affected, or appealed to, me. A writer’s concerns are not expressed in a single work: they evolve and refract themselves over a period of time, through several works. With experience, you become more aware of more words, more emotions and more ways of expressing them.
Life constantly shows us that there are no ready-made answers. When we have nothing to prove, we allow life to teach us. It has taught me to face my own insecurities and apprehensions. To me, every image that leaves an impression is the seed of a story. Inspiration could come from the simplest things in life. Every experience in life adds to your art and widens the perspective. I have a vision that every human being is like a kaleidoscope. Depending on the light that you allow through it, and how you twist and turn it, each individual is going to be uniquely different. I don’t go in search of my next story. I wait for it to come to me, and excite me—to the point where it completely disturbs regular life.
I am never happier than when writing. It gives me the privacy I have always sought. I enjoy writing more than anything else. I believe that to be a successful writer it is necessary to give oneself entirely to this ambition. Writing the first draft is sheer joy, and after that comes the hard work of polishing. When writing the first draft of a short story, I find it much more rewarding than spasmodic bursts of energy. I write my first draft rather quickly, in a fever-heat of enthusiasm to make my readers as excited about the story as I am, living it every waking moment, seeing myself as each character. During this period I prefer to have no outside distractions but to live in a cloister-like solitude. For relaxation, I like to meet people, and to read a lot—my other chief interest, which I developed at an early age and have maintained ever since. I have a passionate interest and intense curiosity in everything of everyday humdrum and at every opportunity I visit new places or happen to witness certain events and idiosyncrasies of people.
I have the urgent feeling, “There is so much material in life and not enough time to use it all.” Everything I experience primarily adds to my understanding of the world. Many a time I have realized I could only touch the fringes of a truly exciting story and there is still scope for further enriching or polishing it. I have prepared a pudding for you, my valued consumers. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Readers are the connoisseurs, and I request you to taste it and give the verdict.
Shop on AmazonFlipkartShopClues, and BlueRose

No comments:

Post a Comment