Monday 10 June 2019

"Affected Admiration" By Sakhi Singh

Reading has been my forte since the beginning of time. I have always been an avid reader, hence, I give major importance to literature in helping me understand emotions, putting them into words, sometimes so subtle that it feels entirely fictitious, when at times it isn't. Experience, feeling things made me understand the essence of every word -- that they don't seem what they seem to be, that there's something behind them; always. Answer to every question, solutions to every problem. If only patience was practiced like a religion.

Today, I see that pain is not something which is kept hidden, but a lifestyle of some sorts, like a trend. Everyone is depressed, everyone seems to romanticize hurt, betrayal, numbness. Talking about it, encouragement is one thing, romanticizing it is another. How seldom do we talk about happiness, the heart pounding moments, the times when we are smiling so wide that our face seems to break in half, the love that makes us feel that there will always be room for at least one more pair of socks in our suitcase. There's so much wonder in this world, so much we overlook when we fall into the abyss. It may seem that hopelessness is perhaps the new dawn but no, there'll always be night after day, spring after winter, always, that's the law of nature.
In my book, I focus on the complexities of human emotions and how talking helps because I have never been fond of cold wars or egoistic arguments, which make a mountain out of a molehill. I emphasize on happiness that love gives, the peace mutual understanding provides. There are points of differences, but if your feelings are genuine, you will know the right thing to do, always. Love is not gibberish, the pain attached to falling out of love is when you don't get what you deserve, the purity, the joy, the peace and most importantly, the efforts. A relationship, be it of any sort is a two-way street and that's what I throw major light on. Through this book, I want to give only one message -- we should not fear what we want, provided that it is morally correct, and gives your heart the satisfaction you've been craving for.


Shop Now: Amazon, Flipkart, Shopclues, BlueRose

No comments:

Post a Comment