Monday 27 May 2019

"Magdalin" By Munmun Singha Chowdhury

I was grown up with my parent in a village called Soglepara in lower Assam, which is an hour drive from Kokrajhar town and nearly two-hour journey from West Bengal. I attended St Mary School in Srirampur, graduated from Guwahati University and completed an MBA from ICFAI, Delhi.
After hell lots of struggles, I started my career with the finest 5 stars Hotel in Goa. Later I joined Thailand based commercial Airlines ‘MJets Indamer’ in Delhi Airport as HR. I was like hippie traveling through Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, and Rajasthan before I ended up working with US-based IT Company in Kolkata. Besides, I have owned Domestic and International Training & Placement firm in Kolkata called Golden Feather’s venture of Connection Point Group. It certified courses in Aviation, Hospitality, and Travel Tourism management. We give the opportunity to a student who cannot afford the fees of IIHM, AIMS, Frankfinn, etc.
Since a teenager, I was determined to become a writer. The best reason I wanted to become an author is because I am very passionate about writing and I want to share the true beauty of my community which has never been explored. Certainly, there is an inspiring story of a people living in small towns, villages that can relate to the situation and challenges they face every day. I would love to share about the dance, values, rituals, the culture and the people I observed as simplest in the planet.
I belong to the Santal community. Most people know us by Adivasi. People in cities call us Anglo Indian because we are majorly Christian. The place I was born, Kokrajhar, is widely known since the 1996 riots between Bodo and Santal communities. It’s been decades the riots have ended but the system is still controlled by Bodo communities. Government Offices, Banks, District Court, and all the municipal corporations are run by the tribe. Besides this place is one of the most unexplored regions in India.
The beautiful villages have their own advantages and disadvantages like any other place have.  There is no opportunity for higher studies and no career; there are no industries or MNC or good hospitals. In case of any medical emergency, you are certain to die. For the smallest of things required people rush to a nearby town. But no wonder the breathtaking views of a small valley, the tiny streams, and the endless verdant and the distinct culture of the different tribe are remarkable besides never-ending darkness at night. Despite being scared to death every nightlife is full of true adventure.
I have grown up watching Doordarshan Channel every Sunday evening show of Adivasi dance, culture, a tradition they showcase. I agree it was there in the 1960s and like Indian Cinema but I wonder which corner of Santal have still the same. It’s unfamiliar.
I wonder why they have to highlight or indicate the indifference of our community; it should be an equal opportunity. In this generation, if you look around the world you will see our community who owns houses in cities, living a good life, earning good money and having luxuries lifestyle. Why the world is busy showing the poverty of our communities instead of giving us the opportunity to grow and develop? So I am determined to make a difference, to bring change the way people think about the community. I will share the struggles, happiness, and sorrows that common people experience in daily life.
Shop on Amazon ShopClues and BlueRose

Website: https://munmunsinghachowdhury.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment